Are you taking in enough magnesium? Magnesium is essential for more than 300 different metabolic reactions that are required for the normal functioning of the body. However, deficiencies of magnesium are becoming more common.
Why Magnesium Deficiencies are so common –
Magnesium deficiencies aren’t easy to diagnose. This is mainly because the symptoms aren’t specific to the deficiency. They include headaches and migraines, lack of energy, sleeplessness, joint discomfort, cardiovascular problems, restless legs, poor concentration and many more. Not many people will link their symptoms to a magnesium deficiency.
This is of great concern, especially since low levels of magnesium have become a common occurrence. This is mostly because of:
- Poor diets :- More people are eating refined and processed foods. These foods are often devoid of nutrients needed by the body. While foods such as legumes, nuts and whole grains are fortified, many people don’t consume enough of these foods for the right quantity of magnesium.
- Difficulties in absorption :- Modern medications such as antibiotics and diuretics may be effective at what they are designed to do, but this comes at a price. In many cases, this price is in the effectiveness of the body to absorb magnesium. Some diseases can also result in difficulties in absorbing magnesium. These include conditions such as stress, alcoholism, diabetes, as well as aging.
- Diets rich in calcium :- Calcium and magnesium work synergistically. However, a diet that is too rich in calcium can result in the depletion of magnesium.
Benefits of Transdermal Magnesium Therapies
Many people reach for supplements in the form of capsules or tablets when they find out that they have a nutrient deficiency. The problem with this when it comes to a magnesium deficiency is that the magnesium may not be absorbed adequately. Another problem is that some people cannot tolerate the supplements, thus they end up with additional problems such as diarrhea.
Transdermal magnesium therapies such as magnesium body scrub or magnesium body lotion are therefore a great alternative. These therapies are better tolerated, and are absorbed rapidly by the body. The results are therefore more quickly noticed.
There are various benefits of using these transdermal magnesium therapies. These include:
- Stress relief :- Have you been experiencing stress, mild anxiety or nervous tension? You may get some relief by using a magnesium body lotion or body scrub regularly. Magnesium is important for the promotion of relaxation. You will experience relief from many of the symptoms of stress and anxiety.
- Improved muscular function :- Magnesium is essential for muscular function. It helps to support contraction and relaxation of muscles. Topical application of magnesium ensures that magnesium is absorbed into the muscles to improve muscular function as well as physical strength.
- Relief of PMS symptoms :- PMS can be nasty. Most of the pain and discomfort associated with PMS is the result of muscular cramping and spasms. You can therefore get relief from the pain and discomfort by applying magnesium oil or lotion. Magnesium helps to promote muscular contractions and reduce spasms and cramps.
- Relieve and prevent migraines and headaches :- Migraines and headaches can disrupt normal function. Topical application of magnesium can help to relieve pain, as well as prevent the development of these ailments in the future.
- Treatment of various skin disorders :- Magnesium is effective when it comes to dealing with various skin disorders and issues. You can greatly improve the appearance of those unsightly scars from wounds, cuts, abrasions or scratches with magnesium. You can even reduce the appearance of bruising much faster.
Using transdermal magnesium is easy and completely safe. You won’t have to worry about overdosing. You simply apply the lotion, spray or scrub to the affected area and reap the benefits.