While designing the kitchen, you have to consider a lot of things for making it functional as well as beautiful. Countertops are very important and choosing them carefully plays a vital role in the décor and functionality of the kitchen.
Among the many types of countertops to choose from like timber, metal, etc., natural stone like granite is highly popular. The granite kitchen countertops offer stunning aesthetics along with high qualities. Granite countertops are durable, long lasting and rustproof. Apart from that, you can easily customize the granite slabs to design your countertops, and you do not need to spend any additional cost for their maintenance.
Reasons To Choose Granite as Countertops
Granite is a natural product that contains no harmful chemical. The material like granite is quarried from the earth and used in their natural form as slabs in the kitchen. It is thus absolutely safe option when considered for the countertop surface in the kitchen.
1. You can find a lot of options in the granite kitchen countertops. Granite countertops come with various design and colors, and black, white, grey, orange and pink are available along with some exceptional colors. Quartz, Feldspar, Mica, Horne blend and Biotite are some materials found in granite that give it unique look.
2. Granite is heat resistance, stain resistance, and scratch resistance and it is ideal for your kitchen where you have to deal with fire and knives every day. The material is very hard and durable hence can last really long with very low maintenance. But the sealants of the granite can be worn out after a certain time and you need to fix them or sell them again. It will cost you very less and you can use the granite countertops for more than twenty to thirty years without any problem.
3. Granites come in different designs and colors, and it is a myth that granites are expensive. You can find affordable granites for your kitchen countertop as well. Some countertops are available at very less price, but if you want to install designer granite in your kitchen it may cost you a little extra.
Options To Consider For Your Kitchen
Granites are mainly available in black color with little pop of colors or crystals in them. You can choose solid black granite for the counter-top for their shine and attractive look. Black counter-tops work great with pure white cabinets as they are considered the most classic combination.
· White granites come with veins or specks of colors or crystals in them. White granite kitchen countertops can help you to create a light and big kitchen. It can be combined with different colors on the cabinets and can be a great option with white cabinets for a modern and sophisticated look.
· Beige color is often preferred by people because of the flexibility it offers when matched with lighter as well as darker color wood cabinets. It has more colors in it as compared to white granite which makes it a classic choice for the traditional kitchen.
· Brown countertops can be ideal for more rustic and country-type kitchen thereby providing a warm feel. It can work well with lighter shades of cabinetry including white ones.
The Jewel-toned granite that comes in red and green colors offers a stunning and chic look to the kitchen. It should be carefully matched with muted-colored cabinetry including white.
It is possible to save a good amount of about 20 to 30 percent of your money if you install the granite countertop in the kitchen yourself. Take proper measurement before you install the countertop and give it to the fabricator.
Bring the granite slabs and install them and then join the seams with epoxy. After it has joined attach the cabinets and finally applying the sealer.